My career started back in 1989 as a receptionist at a precision engineering company. I was fascinated by engineering and material development and at a time when laser cutting was still in its infancy commercially, I learnt an awful lot about business and the technicalities of the process.
Rising through the ranks and then in to sales, the majority of my career has been spent working in engineering and manufacturing companies. In 2001 I caught the entrepreneurial bug and set up my first business – Holme House Resources. The business worked as a ‘high class’ temp on contracts requiring a managerial level of skill where confidentiality and setting up new systems and processes was key.
Then in 2003, along with two business partners, I set up Cutting Technologies which worked with some of the UK’s biggest brands and most prestigious designers. The company has an excellent reputation as a one-stop-shop for high quality laser cutting, laser engraving and design as well as maintaining a base with core engineering customers.
Awards and accolades:
- Member of the prestigious Company of Cutlers in Hallamshire
- The Manufacturer Top 100 Role Models
- Barnsley and Rotherham Chamber (Business growth/ manufacturing excellence)
- Manufacturing Businesswoman of the Year – Women in Business Award
- Sheffield City Region Awards – Business of the Year
- Cut Tec – deliverer of CPD-accredited RIBA courses
After taking a career break, I decided to combine my business and project experience and focus on the contract project management space.
- Public Sector – Oracle EBS Finance remediation and Fusion Cloud
- Retail – Payroll processing assessment and transformation
- Retail – Payroll transformation project
- Manufacturing – Assessment of existing systems
- Design and Build – Business Development transformation project